Fusathon: Make glass, eat and win
May 18, 2012 by Cynthia
Hey, glasslanders: Just a quick reminder that Fusathon 2012 is TOMORROW! Clear your Saturday because this is going to be FUN!
Yup. That’s Saturday, 10-2, at the Uroboros glass factory. We’ll be making fused blanks for bowls/plates that will be sold at the Portland Blues Festival over the July 4th holiday. All proceeds go to the Oregon Food Bank.
Just in case you’ve never been to a Fusathon (where have you been living? under a rock?), it’s an Oregon Glass Guild community project:
- Uroboros supplies 90 and 96 COE glass to make the plates, including frit, pre-made shapes like zigzags and dots
- You’re also welcome to bring your own glass
- You can make one blank for free; after that we’ll ask $5 per piece, with the money going to the food bank
- All experience levels welcome (including NO experience)
- OGG supplies some food, coffee, etc., and we’d love it if you’d bring potluck, too
- OGG members (with the help of Aquila Glass School) will slump the blanks later
So please, PLEASE come and say hi. Bring treats. Bring glass. Bring your wallet.
- Fusathon 2011 We came, we fused, we laughed. That pretty much sums up this...
- Favorable (glass) reactions If you mix frit colors--as all pate de verre and frit painting...
- Glass resources update Hey, folks; I’m in the process of updating my enormous casting resources...
- Coldworking Glass without Machines (book) Lemme borrow a writer’s proverb for a sec: I hate coldworking. I...
- Cutting remarks (cutting glass with a tile saw) It's all in the way you slice it. And the way you...